Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド

Go Back   Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド > Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド > Parodius パロディウス

Parodius パロディウス Related information and chat

Old 28th June 2017, 18:37   #1
Death MK-2
Apprentice Shooter

Default If Konami'll create a new Parodius game, what you'll expect for it?

I'm not a very huge fan of Parodius, but I'm curious what you want to see in a new game. You can also post entire game concepts as well.

First of all, I need 3D graphics and an actual story.
Second, it'll be nice to see some character-related minigames:

Vic Viper/Lord British/Shooting Star/Black Viper: Interstellar Race
The player flies through space while avoiding obstacles such as meteors, beating typical enemies and battling five easy bosses (Big Core, Riot Warship, Death MK-2 (laser only), Gunner Wall, and Brain (mix of Xaerous Brain and Brain Golem)). The further you go without dying and the more enemies you beat, the more points you get!

Pentarou/Hanako/Ivan/Toby: Snowy Slide
The player slides through Penguin Adventure-like way while avoiding seals and giant snowballs. The gun has a limited ammo that can be increased by collecting little snowballs. Near the end you'll meet Pentarou X that flies in front of you and spits out big icicles. You mustn't defeat him as he will retreat after a while.

Tako/Takosuke/Takohiko/Belial: Fruit Fever
It's just a Pac Man-like maze.

TwinBee/Winbee: Bell Battle
You're flying under Dr. Mardock's airship that constantly drops various bells and enemies. Your mission is to collect a set amount of bells with certain color in a three-minute time period. Touching an enemy causes you to lose 10 bells.

Also, I want to see Vic Viper and Lord British as human-sized Transformers-like robots.

Last edited by Death MK-2; 30th June 2017 at 16:41.
Death MK-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 01:21   #2
minerdude456
Apprentice Shooter

Default Re: If Konami'll create a new Parodius game, what you'll expect for it?

Here's a thought: have Bomberman and maybe Black Bomberman as playable characters since Konami own the franchise!
I'll add some more ideas as I think of them. When it comes to Parodius, you gotta think way outside the box!
Discord username: minerdude456 (#9542)
3DS friend code: 2208 - 9425 - 5653
Retro for life!! (Gradius included!!)
minerdude456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 18:20   #3
Death MK-2
Apprentice Shooter

FAN Based Game Re: If Konami'll create a new Parodius game, what you'll expect for it?

Sounds good to me. I've came with a story idea.

After the events of Sexy Parodius, the protagonists decide to take a vacation. Soon, Lord British gets annoyed by lack of danger and asks Vic Viper for a diversionary action. Suddenly, an explosion occurs and Captain Penguinovsky (aka Pirate Penguin) appears. He attacks the party and states the heroes aren't allowed on "his" island.

Stage 1: Pirate Island
The player has to fly across several islands and pirate ships. Of course, there are bombardier penguins and cannons everywhere. Near the end, a town appears.
Boss 1: Captain Penguinovsky
You'll meet him as a regular-sized penguin. After provoking the player, he uses a pump to inflate himself.
Attacks:
-Shoots slow cannonballs from the cannon he holds.
-Attempts to hit you with his sabre.
The boss is entirely vulnerable. After defeat, he deflates and falls into the sea. You may think he's over, but suddenly he emerges from the water aboard his Cat Battleship.
Boss 2: Cat Battleship MK-2
An Stage 2 miniboss from Gokujō Parodius returns, this time with a propeller that allows him to fly.
Attacks:
-Shoots bullets from his cannons. The cannons can be destroyed.
-Launches three homing missiles from the rear launcher. Both the launcher and the missiles can be destroyed.
Defeating this boss is not neccessary as he will retreat after a while no matter if the player "killed" him or not.

I'll come with more ideas later!

Last edited by Death MK-2; 3rd July 2017 at 19:14.
Death MK-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 23:47   #4
SuperViperT302
Apprentice Shooter

Diapers.
Don't know how.
Just diapers.
SuperViperT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 14:36   #5
Death MK-2
Apprentice Shooter

Seriously? Anyway, I'll continue my idea:

Stage 2: Candy Land
The protagonists chased Captain Penguinovsky to this place. Here, you have to reach the end before Cat Battleship will make it. On higher difficulities or ranks, he'll attack you, making the race even harder. This stage is filled with large cakes you have to shoot through.
Boss: Decoration Core MK-3
This boss is a parody of Big Core MK-4 from Gradius V. Its appearance resembles a large mechanical candy rather than lips. To defeat it, the player has to destroy four cherry-like cores (two of them are situated in the main body, while the other two are placed in the arms).
Attacks:
-Detaches his piping bags and shoots waving cream beams. Along with them, some cream globes will appear.
-Charges at the player, and then flies back on-screen.
-Shoots small lasers from his arms.
If the boss is defeated quickly enough, his upper arm will hit the Cat Battleship, causing it to lose stability and fall (it's one of the requirements to get the good ending).
Old 4th January 2018, 01:29   #6
Hugo Lowenstein
Craftsman

MMM. I thought Bomberman is by Hudsonsoft, which Konami disbanded! I thought of Bacterion invading earth, forcing Emperor Tako 18th, to return to Earth, after going to outer space in the original Parodius ending. (Note Tako 18th, is a Parodius MSX cheat code.) Goemon, Victor Viper, and Vickie Viper, (Vic Viper as a male star fighter creature, and a female star fighter creature) Populon, and Penguin, join him, and the main characters, to save Earth. Here, the brain, and the bizarre bells, such as the warp bells, from the original, make a comeback.

In the ending, after defeating Bacterion, fire spaceships, put out the fire, arrest, and jail Bacterion. Finally, the main characters, save Nyan Cat, from the fan made evil "Tac Nayn," or "Waffle Cat," who gets sucked into a wormhole, made by Falchion Beta, into Hell. Then the main characters, return to earth. Tako 18th apologizes to his friends, for abandoning them, realizes maybe Earth has some dreams after all, and Nyan Cat, thanks the main characters, for saving them. As the main characters pet Nyan Cat, the cat says "Nyan, Nyan!" and a circle, surrounded by black, closes on Nyan Cat, then the ending credits roll.

I don't know how to explain the last thing, but its common in anime, that a white circle surrounds the main character, in the end of a cartoon. For info, here's the links! Good news! Konami likes my ideas! Hope Konami will make more cool games soon! Note the first, is a HR_CRF, "Nyan Cat" Nemesis Online video. Thanks! Bye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p38ARq577oI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DAsNx1fETs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LxTi3feIlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLJVXdO4rfo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWuLmEyb0NY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-QVvsjSGc cute!
https://laughingsquid.com/nyan-cat-a...do-video-game/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWmVY9N0b0
https://nyancatgame01.wordpress.com/
http://thewafflegalaxy.com/members/nyancatiscute143/

Maybe the pirate penguin, Penguinovsky, can be Bacterion's orderly, (servant) so he tricked the main characters, into attacking his island, so Bacterion, can invade Earth. Death Mk-2's story idea, will be Part 1, of the next Parodius game, while my idea, will be Part 2. I will add to the ending idea. After the staff credits roll, the circle, before the credits, open up again, then you see Victor Viper, Vickie Viper, Lord British, Dame British, Lord British's female version, and other star fighter creatures, whistle. Then the barrier shields, come flying towards them, and land on these creatures. The shield blobs, make cute peeping, and purring sounds, and crawl around, on the star fighter creatures, and cuddle them. The star fighter creatures, pet them, then introduce, these shield blob creatures, to the other main characters. Emperor Tako 18th, with his mouth wide open, to the ground, and his eyes wide, is shocked! He never knew, the shields are alive!

The Konami president, and Konami CEO, approach them, and introduce the main characters, to a new game they are making, Super Cobradius. This is a Gradius-style, Super Cobra game, playing like a long version of Gradius level 1, with the volcanos, a Big Core, and the Konami buildings, at the end. Everyone visits Konami, to enjoy a party, for Super Cobra Boy, and Super Cobra Girl, helicopter boyfriend, and girlfriend, creatures. Taco 18th, is the first character, to play the game. He's so arrogant, he plays the game, as himself, then destroys "The Booty," with a combination option/multiple control, and Mega Crush, attack. The Konami president, and Konami CEO, tell him, he's supposed to have the main character, pick up the booty, not destroy it, but Tako 18th, yells "Shut up!" to them. Super Cobra Boy, and Super Cobra Girl, looking at Taco 18th, in the arcade, look at each other, then shrug. The Konami president, and the Konami CEO, look at the viewer, and say, "Thanks for playing Parodius. Congratulations! Good Job! Have a nice day! See you later! Bye!" Then it says, "The End," on the screen, and you go to the high score entry screen.

You can activate this secret game, after the ending, by typing in, the famous Konami command. You use the regular L1, R1, and L2, R2, command, for getting the power ups, in the game. Being a Gradius-like, Super Cobra game, this game has no fuel tanks. In cheat mode, you can play the game, without playing the Parodius game. How are these ideas? Are they okay, or stupid? Sorry, if they are! Thanks again! Have a nice time! (I got this idea, from the fan game, Gradius-like shooter, "Haradius," where you play as a chopper, with multiples. It was on the MSX.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5PHz-AZVZA

Last edited by Hugo Lowenstein; 8th January 2018 at 23:24. Reason: More ideas.
Hugo Lowenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 00:08   #7
Death MK-2 Revision
Rookie

Your ideas are very interesting. However...
-Putting Bacterion in a Parodius game is okay. It might work like Star Parodier's final boss (Star Brain from Star Soldier).
-Having female versions of Vic Viper and Lord British won't work well. In my opinion they're just filler characters.
-Nyan Cat? Really?
-The Super Cobra shout out may be funny, but using it as a minigame will be too much.

By the way, I'm actually Death MK-2. I've lost my email address, therefore losing access to my old account. Hope you will recognize me.
Death MK-2 Revision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:39   #8
Hugo SL
Rookie

The Nyan Cat thing, was from a strange video I found online, of someone making an Eight Bit remix, of the Nyan Cat theme, with a fan pic of what if Nyan Cat, was a Konami NES game. I got the Bacterion idea, from the original MSX Parodius, since before you fight the last enemy, (I think it's a tapir, or an ant eater, I forgot) you fight a cartoonish brain. Thanks again! Okay, I was banned from my old email, since I said too much bad things, so that's why I am now using this new account, instead of my Hugo Lowernstein account.
Old Yesterday, 22:34   #9
Death MK-2 Revision
Rookie

I know what Nyan Cat is, and I know that pre-final boss (his name is War Organ, right?). Vickie Viper and Dame British still need to go, though.
And by the way, the final boss is officially a tapir.
Death MK-2 Revision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:44   #10
Hugo SL
Rookie

Thanks. Sorry about that. I see you said that Penguinovsky gets angry, for the main characters, going to a restricted area, of an island. What if Penguinovsky, is an Bacterian ally, and is training Bacterions, for invading Earth? That's it!