Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド

Go Back   Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド > Other Discussion 一ディスカッション > Site Feedback & Wish-Lists

Site Feedback & Wish-Lists Discussions about Gradius Home World and GameStone, what you think about it, new ideas, additions, etc...

Old 23rd July 2017, 20:13   #1
Evil_Nazgul0616
Rookie

Hi there, I just recently joined.

I know these forums seem to be dying, but I was wondering if forum games like RP and Roll To Dodge are allowed here.

I've had an idea for an Otomedius themed Quest-style RP, but none of the forums I'm a member of are fans of or familiar with Gradius or Otomedius. And this is the only Gradius forum that I know of (I actually lurked here a few years ago, but I was unable to register back then), but you guys don't seem to have a section for forum games. Hence why I'm asking if its okay.

Who knows? Maybe a few games could breathe some life back into this place, at least until Gradius (hopefully) returns from the dead.

Not sure what the bumping/double posting policy here is, as it's not listed in the guidelines.

Please forgive me if this violates any forum rules or etiquette, but consider this a bump.

Last edited by GameStone; 29th July 2017 at 22:50. Reason: Double post
Evil_Nazgul0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 23:03   #2
GameStone
Administrator

Default Re: Forum games?

Dying?

Gradius Home World has been running for over twenty years, the forum (vBulletin) has been on the site since 2006 (phpBB before that from 2003).

It's hard to keep this going for so long with no new games coming from Konami, the forum is slow so you have to be patient with wanting a reply.

Games, there are plenty of other ways to play games than on this forum, as for double posting (bumping), since when is it okay on any forum, it's a little rude to double post, be patient if the topic is of interest you may get a reply.

There's still a dedicated group on the forum that post every now and again, it's never been major busy, but then are any dedicated forums busy?
Old 29th July 2017, 23:18   #3
Evil_Nazgul0616
Rookie

Default Re: Forum games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameStone View Post
Dying?

Gradius Home World has been running for over twenty years, the forum (vBulletin) has been on the site since 2006 (phpBB before that from 2003).

It's hard to keep this going for so long with no new games coming from Konami, the forum is slow so you have to be patient with wanting a reply.

Games, there are plenty of other ways to play games than on this forum, as for double posting (bumping), since when is it okay on any forum, it's a little rude to double post, be patient if the topic is of interest you may get a reply.

There's still a dedicated group on the forum that post every now and again, it's never been major busy, but then are any dedicated forums busy?
My apologies. I didn't mean to make a bad first impression. I don't blame you if I have a consequence or ban coming to me, or if I start being viewed as some kind of delinquent...

I agree that double posting is rude, however, I only asked because some of the other forums I'm a member of allow one bump after 48 hours have elapsed.

Quote:
there are plenty of other ways to play games than on this forum
I understand that, and I wasn't implying that I only play forum games. I was just wondering if forum games like text adventures, RP, RTD and the like were allowed here or not, since I have an idea for a Gradius/Otomedius themed forum game that I doubt will get off the ground on a different forum, as I explained in the OP.

And by dying, I meant the general slowness and absence of active members this place has gotten since I lurked here a several years ago.
Evil_Nazgul0616 is offline   Reply With Quote