Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド

Go Back   Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド > Fan Based Games ファンベースのゲーム > Cavadius

Cavadius Official forum for the original game Cavadius by ForteMP3

Old 3rd April 2007, 21:05   #16
ForteMP3
Cavadius Author

While I do hope to eventually do 2P support, 4P's...Probably not gonna happen. Not enough playfield to do that proper, and getting 4P gameplay in a shmup to be properly balanced? Well, look at Giga Wing 2. 4P mode BREAKS that game because everything dies within less than a second.
ForteMP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 22:30   #17
GameStone
Administrator

How about expanding the playing field with a higher resolution maybe and just adding more enermies. Imagine how mant bullets whould be on screen then.
Old 7th April 2007, 18:13   #18
BRPG8000
Rookie

FAN Based Game More options

If there were going to be a 2 player game, how about extending the option maximum to 6 options in one screen (if the players can manage to share to at least 3 options per player, but still the maximum amount per player is 4). I wonder what would happen when you add another control for option effect, would it go to freeze mode, or go at a direction where the ship turns, or even increasing the range for the option formation. If possible, would you add the next set? I'll tell you the weapons: Multi-way missile( 2 going in frontal area, and 2 in the back while the front and back ends are used for the torpedo like Darius), homing laser(the weapon which provides a pair of short lasers targeting at the enemies), Armor Piercing(the laser which is very powerful that it could destroy the little pellets in the mechanical cores), Multi-way option(everytime you get an option, it shoots in a diagonal way which means 2 in front, and 2 in the back, and if you want, it can also spin around and spread a lot more terror at the enemies).

I came up with another set of weapons and they are: Atomic torpedo(once the torpedo hits the enemy, it will make a big explosion and it might continue on to the closer enemies that touches it), Spread laser(the weapon in R-Type which bounces off the corner until it reaches to the sky or hits the enemy), Energy Charger( another laser which it charges at a very slow rate until it makes a very big orb, Slick option(it will go wherever it goes depending where the ship is moving).

The shields that I come up with are limit( a round force field that will not shrink when hit, and you can travel through the ground, but it will only last for 10 seconds), guard(the drones will provide the ablility to make the ship invisible for 20 seconds, but it can't hit the ground), Big(it will give the ability to make shots bigger and crushes its enemies for 5 seconds).

If you want, you could add the surprise part(!) in the gauge and I thought some up: Reduce(when your ship shrinks down into a smaller size, but it has to take 3 of them in order to reach to the smallest size, and you'll die once you get hit, and you have to start over again), Option armor(your options will be provided with armor and the options now can absorb damage to protect you viper), Wingmate(you be provided with a wingmate right next to you, but you'll take one stock away to the field, once your wingmate dies, you can't get it back, and the maximum is 3) Option swap(depending on how many lives you have, you can trade it for options, but once you die, your lives are nothing but a waste, and the maximum amount of options per player is 4, and the screen maximum is 6), warp-way(going back and fourth is the thing of the past, your ship has the ability to warp from one side to another, but you still can't hit the ground) Maximum Power(you will be provided with the following power-ups to get to the maximum(Speed up, missile, laser, Mystery(?), but once you die, same thing happens to the option swap, but you'll lose all the weapons rather than the # of lives, and the double will reach to the maximum power once you decide to choose it).

That's all of the ideas I have for now, and feel free to Comment or critique me on the suggestions that I made.

Last edited by BRPG8000; 7th April 2007 at 18:20.
BRPG8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 05:25   #19
ForteMP3
Cavadius Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameStone View Post
How about expanding the playing field with a higher resolution maybe and just adding more enermies. Imagine how mant bullets whould be on screen then.
Resolution is gonna be tricky, I'm afraid. We're gonna be actually SHRINKING what we already have, kinda. Since Cavadius is vertical, we want to make the screen ratio TATE friendly (That is, make it easy to turn vertical for people that like playing with a vertical screen in true shmup fashion).

The levels will not be shrunk as well however, instead you'll simply have the view scroll left and right as you move. As for more enemies, that'll be in harder stages. XD;;;
ForteMP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 03:04   #20
BRPG8000
Rookie

FAN Based Game Notice that thing

That must be cool! they did that in Salamander 2 in the Core field stage.
BRPG8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 21:01   #21
Brain Golem
Craftsman

Default Re: The Official Cavadius Suggestions Thread

One idea: Multiple boss rushes.
"I am a small part of what was known as Venom. Pieces of me are scattered throughout the cosmos. Eventually, another will become sentient, and exact retribution. You will never hide from the shadow of fear! My hatred for your kind, is eternal!"

Hurry up and come back, I want Gradius VI!
Brain Golem is offline   Reply With Quote