Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド Gradius Home World グラディウス ホームワールド

Go Back   Gradius Home World グラディウスホームワールド > Fan Based Games ファンベースのゲーム > Cavadius

Cavadius Official forum for the original game Cavadius by ForteMP3

Old 5th January 2007, 22:30   #16
Captain B

CpNintendo is my AIM address. That goes for anyone else who reads this: I need a Gradius section in the list.
Old 19th January 2007, 05:41   #17
L
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteMP3 View Post
-Round Vulcan from Axelay
-Needle Cracker from Axelay
-Level 3 Vulcan from Assault Heroes (Rebounds after hitting something, insane fire rate)
-E.Laser from Gradius 3/5 (Though it might be kinda impractical in this game...)
-Fire Blaster from Gradius 5 (I promise its range will NOT suck)

Got any ideas? Feel free to let us know.
How about some MSX-exclusive weapons, like the Up and Down ripple lasers? (In this game they'd be Side Ripples, I suppose...)
L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 22:09   #18
GOGS
Gradian Moderator

Needle cracker sadly missed over the years, im gonna have to go find a rom for my snes emu now

Xbox live gamertag METALI0N.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=METAL1ON
GOGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 18:52   #19
ForteMP3
Cavadius Author

Default Big News!

I am pleased to report Cavadius will soon be seeing some work done, as BulletGML 1.0 is now ready for release. Since I intend for this to be a developer tool for all shmup developers using GM, it'll be open source, but more importantly, I now have a far easier way to create bullet patterns in Cavadius.

For those wondering, the current plan is to re-write the engine to remove a lot of unneeded and unoptimized code, and more importantly, add new features the game needs. The resolution is going to be redone to be more TATE friendly for one thing, and along with that, we'll hopefully FINALLY be seeing a true 60 FPS mode (with 30 FPS for lower end machines still).

I haven't decided how testing will be handled yet, aside from the obvious dev team. The plan for development is to actually work on the bosses first, since they'll be one of the harder parts. Once they're done, I intend to have some expert shmuppers test them out and ensure they're properly done and balanced, then we should see work on the actual stages done.

The basic plan is to release a completed Arcade mode version first, with a lot of the extra features like Arrange Mode, Museum, and soforth coming at a later date. Due to complications, internet ranking is still up in the air, as we've seen a lot of potential exploits that could be used to cheat for high scores. We'll see what happens at a later date though...

That said, things are looking up.
ForteMP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 05:31   #20
The Tetran
Expert Shooting Star

Sounds cool. I liked the trial version, but I just think the boss could have been less "manic." I'm not quite sure if I consider myself an expert shumper, but I think I'm getting there.
The Tetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 19:07   #21
ForteMP3
Cavadius Author

Well, he'll be changed in the next release. Firehawke and I have decided Stage 1 is in need of a rebalance and redesign as well, some areas have too many enemies, some parts have too few. And furthermore, even our in house revision of the first boss is a bit nasty.

Much like the Trial Stage, the Alternate Stage 1 will become an extra stage playable in Score Attack Mode, though it will no longer be part of the main game. The new version of Big Core MkI Kai will be featuring some better balanced patterns, as well as actual changes based on difficulty, so he should be far more managable.

I can't promise an immediate update, this is gonna be a huge overhaul, and I can't stress enough this isn't the only thing in my life, so work will be slow, but since BulletGML 1.0 is done, I think it's safe to say this project is still part of my life.

Oh yeah, and because I'm a bit of a lazy sod, I can't promise a whole lot of updates on the main page for the time being, until Cavadius has recieved some TRUE updates. That said, keep your eyes peeled on this forum for developments for the time being folks.
ForteMP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 16:16   #22
BRPG8000
Rookie

FAN Based Game Make things easier for trial mode

In level one, there are just too many bullets for me to dodge, but can you replace the big boss to the big core like this?

At least 2 of them at one boss fight?
BRPG8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 16:35   #23
L
Rookie

Am I the only one who finds it painfully ironic that:
* In their original game, the Big Core Mk.1 Kai is so easy to defeat that you have to fight about a dozen of them in a row.
* In Cavadius, the Big Core Mk.1 Kai... gah!
L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 18:50   #24
BRPG8000
Rookie

FAN Based Game Yeah..........

L's correct. Maybe you should make the MK Kai's strength doubled from the original version.
BRPG8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 05:32   #25
Bradzor
Rookie

Default Re: State of Cavadius Address

Helllllllooooooooo?

anyone there?
i'm really interested in this Cavadius thing but it hasn't been updated in ages

is anyone working on it?
or is life too distracting?

New Idea!

Progress:guess what? 0%!